Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 01:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327806 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Rusty Hearts!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rusty Hearts!  (Read 3150 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:16:46 PM »

http://rustyhearts.perfectworld.com/

I, for some reason, didn't play this game during closed beta 1, though I did redeem one of the 2000 beta keys RPGFan so kindly passed out.  Turns out you're still good to go for closed beta 2, which started today!

This game has a cool art style, and runs extremely well with the bells and whistles turned off.  It plays like Devil May Cry, with the MMO format of Dungeon Fighter Online or Mabinogi.  (these are good things)

My character name is Renze, and I have chosen Frantz, because a buddy of mine went with Tude.  Angela has big tits, if you're into that (yes).

I'm going to play some more now, and see if I can't describe this game in terms of other games some more.
---
It's Dungeon Fighter.  Is Nexon a developer, or just a publisher?  I'd ask if Rusty Hearts was from the same developer as Dungeon Fighter if Nexon is only a publisher.
---
Perfect World created this game.  Perfect World is a company claiming to promote Chinese qualities in its games.  WTF.  If Dungeon Fighter is South Korean, and North Korea has ties to China, there is a link between China and South Korea... but wtf, that can't be right.

There's no NDA by the way.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:02:08 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »

Looks cool, I'm unsure if it will run on my laptop though cause i can't seem to find out what my graphics card is, but all the other stuff is okay. Username is AnarchKay. I'll see if i can get it to work.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »

Definitely turn off the focus blur, anti-aliasing, lighting effects, and shadows in the graphics section of the options menu.  You'll be left with clean polygons and a high frame rate.  Hopefully.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »

Definitely turn off the focus blur, anti-aliasing, lighting effects, and shadows in the graphics section of the options menu.  You'll be left with clean polygons and a high frame rate.  Hopefully.

Thanks I'll try that after i get this damn patch to download. This computers fairly new so hopefully it will work.

EDIT: Got it too work pretty well without messing with the graphics too much. Played the tutorial, and it ran pretty smoothly save for a few longish load times. Might mess around with them some more to see if that helps.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:36:29 PM by Demon_Princess_Kay » Logged

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 04:24:45 PM »

Downloading the beta for this. I'm going to play with Kay and (hopefully) Churros.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 05:24:37 PM »

I may give this a shot, is it just you and your two partners in the gameworld?  Or is it like usual server based, and if so what server are you guys using?

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »

I may give this a shot, is it just you and your two partners in the gameworld?  Or is it like usual server based, and if so what server are you guys using?

Servers, but I've been using random servers cause when you click on a lot of them you get that it's busy, and i think parties can be up to 4. (I believe it would be best to communicate outside of the game to set something up) My character so far is a Level 7 Angela name AnarchKay.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »

There is only one server, but several channels.  You can switch channels as you please, so don't worry about anything.

But yeah, it's MMO style hub world, not just you and your teammates.

I'm lvl 8, add Renze at least, if we don't organize anything.  You'll be able to see if I'm online, and feel free to say hi.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:18:59 PM by Fei » Logged

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »

I just fucked my sword up... tried adding a +7 augment while it was at +6 (should've come out as +13) and it failed, putting me at +0.

Not a big deal though... augmentation stones are pretty common.  If you stack them, they are basically a "+stack" augment.  My inventory was flooded with them before I found out.

So lets play together.  I'll be on around 6PM central time.

---

This game is awesome because it has an actual story... having to pick a character for an online game has been something I haven't been fond of, but here it allows for character banter, which is something to have sex with.  There are cinematic boss fights too.  This is a good game! 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:15:58 PM by Fei » Logged

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:03:49 AM »

I might be on sometime this week with this game again. If i add you on the forum do you show up on my list in the game? My name on the forum is kaysaddiction

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »

I think you have to add me in-game, but I don't have to be online when you do.  Name is Renze.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

I think you have to add me in-game, but I don't have to be online when you do.  Name is Renze.

Alright i'll do that the next time im on.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 10:57:28 PM »

Major login issues today.  As of the last 20 minutes, I was able to get in... but hours ago, I couldn't, much to the dismay of my friends with zero issue.... FUCK!

That's why it's beta.

Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 11:02:40 PM »

Major login issues today.  As of the last 20 minutes, I was able to get in... but hours ago, I couldn't, much to the dismay of my friends with zero issue.... FUCK!

That's why it's beta.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble getting in.

Played the tutorial and it was really fun. The Sword guy's skills seem pretty useless so far (especially in comparison to how Kay described the Magic chick's skills), but nothing quite beats hacking and slashing about with a sword.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 07:59:56 PM »

This game comes back on Sept 13th... my main online gaming buddy thinks we should continue playing, and frankly I'm okay with that.  This game is fun to play.

There are like 10 other free games I wish I had friends for though, SMT: Imagine probably being #1.  Everyone is turned off by the complexity, but its got the best battle system and everything else systems... I'm pretty heavily invested into it.

Anyway, Rusty Hearts is the new free hotness, so this is where I'll probably be for a couple weeks.

----

East 2 is the server I'm using... still casual at the moment, with WKC2 and stuff.. but once I recommit in a couple days here (video card in the mail) East 2 is where its at... DAAAWWG@@@
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:33:55 PM by Fei » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: