10) Xenosaga Ep. III: Also Sprach Zarathustra
9) Shadow Hearts: Covenant
8) Grandia II
7) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
6) Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
5) Final Fantasy IV
4) Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
3) Ys: The Oath in Felghana
2) Skies of Arcadia/Skies of Arcadia Legends
1) Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
The JRPG genre may not have significant growth compared to other genres over the past decade, but it still featured some amazing titles during that time, and the impact of some of them will remain with me throughout the years. The titles I chose may not the most revolutionary, the most technically advanced, or even very popular, but there is something about these titles that won me over and wouldn't let me go until the end credits.
In this current generation of home consoles, the genre does not feel as strong as it used to be, but there are some good titles out there. These days, it's all about the handhelds for the best JRPG goodness. Western RPG developers, especially Bioware, released some great games, but I just couldn't get into them as much, no matter how many I tried. It might be the same old, same old, but in my heart, I remain a strong and loyal supporter of JRPGs in spite of how strong Western RPGs have gotten.