Over the years, RPGFan has had the pleasure of interviewing dozens of people in the industry, from game producers, localizers, composers and more.
- RPGFan Music
- Games of the Year
Thomas Böcker on Spielemusikkonzerte & Final Symphony
– Thomas Böcker is back, producing another symphonic album with the London Symphony Orchesta and Final Fantasy vetteran Nobuo Uematsu. We talk to him about his process, and much more.
MAGFest 13: Beep Documentary Crew Interview
– We sit down with some of the people behind the Beep documentary, and what goes into building a multi-platform documentary on the history of game music.
Starting a Rebellion: Travis Baldree and Erich Schaefer on Rebel Galaxy
– We talk to the co-founders of Runic, who left the company they created to start a new space-faring journey with Rebel Galaxy.
Interview: Jill Melancon
– Jill discusses her experience voice acting in Revolution 60.
Interview: David Brevik
– Dave interviews a man who you may know from such games as... everything.
Interview: Karl Roelofs Talks Shadowgate
– Bob interviews the creator of the original Shadowgate, and the new one.
Interview with Keiichi Okabe
– We interview the composer of Drakengard 3 and NIER.
The Artists and Music of Game Music Festival
– Interviews and album reviews coinciding with Loudr's first Game Music Festival.
Supergiant Games: Transistor Interview
– We talk to Supergiant Games' Creative Director Greg Kasavin and Studio Director Amir Rao about their upcoming PS4/PC adventure, Transistor.
Video Interview with Yuzo Koshiro
– Bradley scores an exclusive video interview with the composer of Actraiser and the Etrian Odyssey series.
Interview with Casey Ormond
– Stephen and Derek chat with Casey Ormond, arranger/performer of Piano Collections Final Fantasy XII.
Interview with Steven Peeler of Soldak Entertainment
– Steven Peeler talks about Soldak's space action RPG, Drox Operative.
RPGFan Music: A Conversation with Yoko Shimomura
– An interview with one of gaming's most prolific composers.
Video interview with Freebird Games' Kan Gao
– A video interview and live music presentation with the director and composer of To The Moon.
Interview with composer Sam Hulick
– We speak with Mass Effect composer Sam Hulick about his work on Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.
Interview with Chris Avellone and Justin Bell of Obsidian Entertainment
– A discussion of the hastily-funded Kickstarter RPG Project Eternity.
Interview with Trent Oster of Beamdog
– We chat with Trent Oster from Beamdog, developer of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.
Interview with Carolina Moya of EndlessFluff Games
– We talk with the creator of the puzzle RPG hybrid Legend of Fae.
Tulio Adriano Cardoso Gonçalves of WaterMelon Games
– A look behind the origin of the indie Sega Genesis RPG, Pier Solar and the Great Architects.
Interview with Victor Ireland, President of Gaijinworks
– Taking a look at the Kickstarter for Class of Heroes 2.
Interview with Kan "Reives" Gao of Freebird Games
– We interview Kan Gao of Freebird Games about the indie scene, To the Moon, and what's in store for the future.
Video: Earthbound Papas Interview
– We interview Nobuo Uematsu and Earthbound Papas at Magfest 2012.
Aselia the Eternal Interview with Phil Long of JAST USA
– Hybrid Visual Novels/RPGs your thing? You'll want to read this one.
The Gray Matter of Adventure Gaming: An Interview With Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes
– We sit down with the designer and composer team for one of our favorite adventure games of 2011.
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns Interview with Graham Markay
– Find out all about Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns.
Witcher II Interview with Tomasz Gop, Senior Producer at CDProjekt RED
– The senior producer on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings walks us through the title.
Ys I & II Chronicles Q&A With Tom Lipschultz, XSEED Games Localization Specialist
– Longtime reader and localizer Tom Lipschultz talks about his Falcom localization, Ys I & II Chronicles.
Rune Factory 3 Q&A With Graham Markay, Natsume Vice President of Operations
– Natsume's Vice President of Operations Graham Markay talks about what to expect from Rune Factory 3.
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals Q&A With Graham Markay, Natsume Vice President of Operations
– Natsume's Vice President of Operations Graham Markay talks about the localization process for Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals.
Ys: Oath in Felghana Q&A With Tom Lipschultz, XSEED Games Localization Specialist
– Longtime reader and localizer Tom Lipschultz talks about his upcoming Falcom localization, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
Interview with Thomas Boecker, Producer, WDR Orchestra Concerts
– Europe's regional hero for game music fans speaks to us about the concerts he's produced, including his most recent concert "Symphonic Fantasies," featuring prominent Square Enix titles.
Interview with Aaron Walz, Composer
– Indie game music from Aveyond and more, all composed by this young upstart. What's his take on the industry? And does he know more about Japanese VGM composers than us?
Interview with Yuki Sugiura, Composer
– The man behind some new Japanese game music, a goth-rock band, and a lot of hair.
Interview with Indinera Falls of Aldorlea Games
– We take a look inside the mind of one of the vanguards of commercial indie RPGs.
DOFUS Interview with Ankama Studios
– Our first interview to feature manga-style art superimposed against a picture of a chocolate candy bar. We're setting a new standard of excellence in journalism.
– Nexon takes on our critique of Dungeon Fighter Online, answers questions about MapleStory, and discusses the MMO business in general.
Interview with Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of Mass Effect 2
– We chat with the man behind Mass Effect 2 about download content and lots of other stuff.
PLAY! Interview with Jason Michael Paul
– Three years in, the PLAY! concert series is still going strong. Learn about the latest developments of the show, and possible future arrangements from some of your favorite RPGs, in this interview with the show's producer.
Telltale Games Interview With Designer Mark Darin
– Strong Bad, Guybrush, Gromit, and many other lovable characters have come to life in 3D adventures from Telltale. We get excited about it, and talk to a member of the Telltale staff about how cool he is.
Interview with Jeremy Soule: zOMG! and More
– A seasoned veteran in the world of game music, the BAFTA-award-winning Jeremy Soule has a chat with us about his oldest and newest works.
Interview with Mike Laidlaw, lead designer of Dragon Age: Origins
– We sit down with the lead designer to talk at length about BioWare's upcoming RPG.
Kentaro Hisai E3 2009 Interview, Regarding Spectrobes: Origins
– Rallen, Jeena, the Krawl and Spectrobes are all jumping from the DS to the Wii. We meet with the series' creator and producer, Kentaro Hisai, to learn more.
Guild Wars 4th Anniversary Feature & Interview
– We interview game designer Ben Miller about the past, present, and future of the groundbreaking MMORPG that has outlived many of its peers.
Michiko Naruke's Wild Arms, From Console to Stage
– Contributor Jeriaska meets with Michiko Naruke at the "Press Start" concert in Japan. Much is revealed.
Interview with Yasunori Mitsuda
– Mitsuda shares his thoughts on Soma Bringer and international fame. Thanks to contributor Jeriaska.
Kentaro Hisai Interview
– Producer with Disney Interactive Studios for both "Spectrobes" titles gives us his take on the budding franchise.
Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Interview
– We go to WAR with Mark Jacobs and Robert Mull of EA Mythic.
Interview with Masaharu Iwata
– Sakimoto's partner in crime talks about Hyper Game Concert and more. Thanks to contributor Jeriaska.
Taleworlds Entertainment Interview: Mount & Blade
– Company representative Armagan Yavuz speaks with us about their PC-based RPG "Mount & Blade."
Yoshiteru Sato Interview
– Co-Founder and Director of Idea Factory talks about the international market, strategy, and details about upcoming games.
Interview with Darumaya
– The band discusses their music for Shadow Hearts and the Hyper Game Music concert. Thanks to contributor Jeriaska.
Interview with Kumi Tanioka
– One of Square Enix's most versatile in-house composers, Ms. Tanioka, is interviewed by us. Thanks to contributor Jeriaska.
Interview with Joe Down Studio
– Thanks to contributor Jeriaska, we get the 411 from this Hokkaido-based music recording studio.
RPGFan's Exclusive Interviews 2007
– Better late than never, we continue our annual tradition of interviewing numerous Japanese developers and publishers.
Michael Schiestl Interview
– We speak with ClockStone's CEO to learn about their upcoming Action RPG, Avencast.
Souhei Niikawa (NIS) Interview
– Chris Winkler gets an update from NIS's Producer on their upcoming games.
Isamu Kamikokuryou Interview
– Our own Chris Winkler speaks with Final Fantasy XII's Art Director.
RPGFan's Exclusive Interviews 2006
– We love to talk. Here's us doing what we love.
RPGFan's Exclusive Interviews 2005
– Similar to Creator's Talk, a talk with some of the people behind some of the biggest RPGs.
– A five-part series featuring interviews with some of the people behind the biggest RPGs of the moment.
Inon Zur Interview
– The composer of Icewind Dale II talks with RPGFan about his work in the industry and his feelings on said work.
Noriyuki Iwadare Interview
– The composer of the Grandia & Lunar series talks with RPGFan about Grandia Xtreme and more.
Sakura Taisen 4 Interview
– This interview was conducted by Weekly Famitsuu with Ouji Hiroi, the creator of the Sakura Taisen series.
Jade Cocoon 2 Interview
– Interview with Jade Cocoon 2 producer Ken Shimizu.
Team XKalibur Interview
– RPGFan interviews three members of Team XKalibur, the devlopers behind the tradtional Gameboy Color RPG, Mythri.
Stephen Kennedy Interview
– This interview was conducted with Stephen Kennedy, head of KFSS Studios, who is creating the American CD "Final Fantasy: Project Majestic Mix, a Tribute to Nobuo Uematsu."
Red Company Interview
– This interview, conducted by Weekly Famitsuu, interviews Red Company about their new game Sakura Taisen 3.
– This interview conducted by Weekly Famitsuu interviews SCE about their new RPG Legend of Dragoon.
– This interview conducted by Weekly Famitsuu talks about tri-Ace's new RPG, Valkyrie Profile.
Phantasy Star Online Interview
– This interview conducted by Weekly Famitsuu focuses on Sega's uncoming RPG Phantasy Star Online.
– This interview conducted by Weekly Famitsuu focuses Chunsoft's development of two sequels to their Mysterious Dungeon series.
Game Arts Interview
– This interview conducted by Weekly Famitsuu focuses on Grandia II and the future of Game Arts.
Yoji Sugimoto Interview
– This interview was conducted by Weekly Famitsuu with Yoji Sugimoto, the director of the upcoming action RPG Dew Prism.
Ryousirow Hasukawa Interview
– This is an interview with LUNAR scenario designer, Ryousirow Hasukawa. The interview discusses his job with the LUNAR series, some storyline elements, and other things.
Victor Ireland Interview '99
– This interview was conducted with Victor Ireland of Working Designs at E3 1999.
Victor Ireland Interview '98
– This interview was conducted with Victor Ireland of Working Designs.
– This interview was conducted with both Stephen B. Adkins II (producer) and David Gallay (Lead Designer/Webmaster). Shadows of Reality, the main topic of the interview was created by Nevolution.
Bifrost Creations Interview
– This interview was conducted with Donald B. Vanderbeld of Bifrost Creations. The interview was about their upcoming PC RPG, Avaris.
- RPGFan Music
- Games of the Year