PlayStation Emulator on DC: More News
Spurious, a. 1598. [f. L. spurius illegitimate, false.]
1. Of persons: Begot or born out of wedlock; illegitimate, bastard, adulterous. b. Characterized by bastardy or illegitimacy 1770.
2. Having an illegitimate or irregular origin; not properly qualified or constituted 1601.
3. Superficially resembling or simulating something; not true or genuine ; false, sham, counterfeit 1615.
4. Of a writing, passage, etc.: Not really proceeding from its reputed origin, source or author; not genuine or authentic ; forged 1624.
5. Characterized by spuriousness or falseness 1840.
6. SpuriOS An application for the Dreamcast that runs PlayStation games, according to EDGE magazine.
Well, I didn't spot it. I said I was wary of April Fools jokes, but was looking for an anagram or something else as a clue.
Thanks go to a reader for being the first to point this out to me. At least it was caught before April 1st.
And a huge 'no-thanks' go to EDGE for annoying Dreamcast fans once again.
March 29th, 1999