RPGFan


NCSoft Announces Taiwanese Joint Venture
08.26.03 - 9:46 PM

Seoul, South Korea-based NCSoft, the world's No. 1 maker of MMO games has announced the foundation of NC Tawain, a joint venture with Taiwan's leading game publisher Gamania, which has been operating NCSoft's MMORPG Lineage in Taiwain for more than three years. Gamania will hold a 51% stake in the new company, with NCSoft owning the remaining 49%. Gamania CEO Albert Liu will serve as the new entity's managing director, with Jung Hwan Kim of NCSoft Korea taking over as CEO. The joint venture's main objective will be to bring NCSoft content to Taiwan, which will then be marketed and distributed there by Gamania. Under the agreement, NC Taiwan will, among other titles, publish NCSoft's highly anticipated sequel to Lineage on the island. The Taiwanese beta test for Lineage II will begin sometime in late 2003.


Back
Chris Winkler





Coming Up on Twitch

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Oct. 2 • 10am PDT/1pm EDT

Skies of Arcadia Continues!
Every Monday • 5pm PDT/8pm EDT

Star Wars: KotOR Continues!
Every Tuesday • 10am PDT/1pm EDT

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Continues!
Every Thursday • 5pm PDT/8pm EDT

Final Fantasy Tactics Continues!
Every Saturday • 4pm PDT/7pm EDT

Featured Content
Final Fantasy XV at Abbey Road Special Feature
Final Fantasy XV at Abbey Road
Feature
Retro Encounter 18: Valkyria Chronicles - Final Thoughts
Retro Encounter 18: Valkyria Chronicles - Final Thoughts
Podcast Feature
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain OST Review
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
Review
Final Fantasy XIV: Patch 3.4 Media Update
Final Fantasy XIV: Patch 3.4
Media Update
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Review
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Review
Random Encounter 116: Demon Quest
Random Encounter 116: Demon Quest
Podcast
RSS Feeds & More
Complete Feed
Reviews Feed
Media Feed
Random Encounter
Rhythm Encounter
Retro Encounter