|Ossian Studios Reveals iOS RPG The Shadow SunYet another promising-looking RPG for Apple's handheld. Screens inside!10.06.10 - 9:47 PM
While Canadian-based Ossian Studios quietly revealed details behind their iOS RPG The Shadow Sun
back in late August, today the studio released the first screen shots of the title.
If you're unfamiliar with The Shadow Sun, you're probably not alone. A Western-style RPG set in a world with a sun mysteriously being cloaked in shadow, The Shadow Sun is a fully 3D RPG with combat inspired by the likes of Fable, The Witcher and the Zelda series, with the sense of adventure from classic Dungeons & Dragons. Taking control of either a male or female protagonist, players are able to either blaze a hero's trail or walk the path of a villain. In fact, here's a handy bullet point list from the official website:
- Enter a story full of complex characters, intrigue, danger, and shocking surprises.
- Explore the decadent imperial city of Shar and the exotic desert lands around it.
- Battle enemies using magical powers and dozens of weapons.
- Play as male or female with a character system that allows you to evolve your character’s abilities exactly how you want.
- Ally with one of several companions to adventure with and fight alongside.
- Make your role-playing choices wisely through dialogue or action, and become either a hero or a villain.
Take a look at the first screen shots below, which showcase the desert area of the Sharian Grand Market. So far it looks like Ossian Studios may have a hit on their hands.
The Shadow Sun is due out before the end of 2010, so look for much more coverage on the game here in the near future.