|This Is The Lord Of The Rings: War In The North Collector's EditionAlso: Pre-order bonuses!07.06.11 - 7:06 PM
With The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
due out this fall, and we got to check the game out
recently at E3. Yesterday Warner Bros. Interactive also announced a collector's edition for the multiplatform title, plus retailer pre-order incentives. The collector's edition includes a Ranger of the North quiver case, an artbook featuring characters, enemies and the world of War in the North
, an inside look at the making of the game's music, plus three tracks from the soundtrack. The Xbox 360 version also has a Ranger armor set, while the PS3 version gets a The Lord of the Rings
In addition, if you opt for the standard edition you have six retailers to choose from to get your pre-order incentives:
- Amazon.com is offering early access to part two of the digital comic from DC Entertainment that explores War in the North's backstory, plus an Orc Champion sword;
- Pre-ordering from Target gets you three exclusive tracks from the game's soundtrack;
- Best Buy has an Elf armour set plus access to the Lothlórien challenge map;
- GameStop is offering a human armour set, and access to the Osgiliath challenge map;
- Toys R Us is giving away limited, signed posters as well as access to both parts of the digital comic;
- And Wal-Mart has a dwarf armour set available as their incentive.
Below you will find an updated gallery with more screens and artwork - plus a look at the aforementioned collector's edition. The Lord of The Rings: War in the North (PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360) releases sometime this fall. The standard edition will cost $59.99 US while the collector's edition goes for $129.99 US.