Mass Effect 3 Voice Cast RevealedWatch and listen in the newest trailer and screenshots.01.31.12 - 2:27 PM
One thing that the Mass Effect
series has (generally) boasted is the quality of voice acting. With new characters surfacing in Mass Effect 3
, BioWare has made a few additions to the voice cast. Says series producer Casey Hudson, "We are absolutely thrilled with the passion and emotion the entire cast brought to their performances in Mass Effect 3
. In a story where Earth and the entire galaxy are at war, we needed to take the performances to a level of dramatic power and intensity that we've never previously attempted. This extremely talented cast delivered."
Few surprises here, as some of the returning cast includes:
- Mark Meer (male Shepard)
- Jennifer Hale (female Shepard)
- Martin Sheen (Illusive Man)
- Seth Green (Joker)
- Tricia Helfer (EDI)
- Ali Hillis (Liara T'Soni)
- Yvonne Strahovski (Miranda Lawson)
- Keith David (Captain Anderson)
- Lance Henriksen (Admiral Steven Hackett)
- Carrie-Anne Moss (Aria T'loak)
The two newcomers to the Mass Effect series are:
- Freddie Prinze Jr. as Alliance soldier James Vega (you can watch the featurette on him here
- And Jessica Chobot from G4TV as news reporter Diana Allers.
The trailer below shows some new game footage, and features many of the above voice actors sharing their thoughts on their roles and characters:
Along with the video, BioWare also released a batch of new screens. You can find them below - to the top left is Jessica Chobot's chararacter, Diana Allers.
Mass Effect 3 releases in North America on March 6th and in Europe on March 9th; the demo is set to release on February 14th.