Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition AnnouncedYet we will still see more DLC.08.28.13 - 7:18 PM
Today, Gearbox Software made the rumour official: Borderlands 2
, originally released last September, is getting the inevitable Game of the Year Edition
. And it's just over a month away. Priced at $59.99 US, the bundle includes over $100 worth of DLC:
- Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
- Creature Slaughter Dome
- Premiere Club content: Gaige (Mechromancer), Gearbox Gun Pack, Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic
- Krieg (Psycho)
- Collector’s Edition heads and skins
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
This doesn't appear to include the upcoming - and final - DLC for the title. Coming next week (on September 3rd) is the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, bumping the level cap up to 72, though players who hit that level can still fight enemies and collect loot up to level 80. This pack comes with the Digistruct Peak Challenge, a new area and mission that also introduce the new 'overpower' ranking system.
October will see the release of Halloween-themed TK Baha's Bloody Harvest, the first of three Headhunter packs, in which players defeat the boss and get its head as a wearable item. The Headhunter packs will be slightly cheaper than past story DLC, but their actual price hasn't been set. All three packs will be out by the end of the year.
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition is slated for an October 8th release.