WildStar Launches In June, Pre-Orders Begin This WeekAs you can imagine, there's multiple editions, plus additional perks for pre-ordering.03.16.14 - 2:44 AM
Carbine Studios has finally announced a release date for its space-themed MMORPG, WildStar
. We've been following the game for years, so it's nice to know that at long last, the game will release worldwide on June 3rd.
But what you're really here for is to read about the bonus stuff, huh? The Standard Edition will retail for $59.99 USD, and include the game, 30 days of play time, three 7-day friend passes, as well as an Eldan-themed Housing Decor item. Nothing too fancy, but three passes to try the game with friends is a nice bonus, no?
For an extra $15, the Digital Deluxe Edition includes all of the above, plus:
- an Eldan Hoverboard (seen below)
- a unique costume
- a unique Eldan player title
- limited-edition Eldan dye set
(clicking the thumbnails above will take you to the gallery, where you can see more and larger images)
While the Deluxe bonuses are nice, I think the best perks come to those who pre-order either edition. Starting March 19th, pre-ordering players will earn the following:
- Early game access beginning Tuesday, May 31 (three days prior to the game’s official launch)
- An exclusive Rocket House (seen above)
- A mini-ship housing decoration, which grants players additional rest experience points (also above)
- A 10-slot storage bag to increase character inventory
- The opportunity to reserve character and guild names prior to launch.
In North America, you'll be able to pre-order from the WildStar website itself, Amazon, GameStop, or Best Buy. Head over to the official pre-order website for more edition comparisons, and a list of places to pre-order for your own country. That page also contains a FAQ and full system requirements as well.
A couple of us have been playing the beta version of WildStar recently, so be on the lookout for a hands-on preview in the near future!