|Atelier Shallie: New Battle and Character DetailsYou'll hit things! There will be characters! It'll all be epic!04.30.14 - 10:17 PM
A plethora of new information has been released on Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
's battle mechanics, and characters this week.
On the battle front:
- The battle system is described as "brisk" and "tactical."
- Six member parties: front and back rows, where members can be changed at will.
- The back row can provide assistance to the front line.
- Features the "Burst Gauge" which, when filled, grants power ups and skills.
- Skills can be chained together resulting in combination attacks.
New character information:
- Julie Crotze: Julie is 20 and described as a lone-wolf treasure hunter whose affinity for finding treasure has to do with the debt she owes and return to an easier life with her sister, Miruca. She also wants to be a writer and keeps a record of her numerous journeys.
- Miruca Crotze: Younger sister to Julie. At 16, Miruca is currently training to be an alchemist at "The Center" while working as a shop-keep. She and Julie are somewhat estranged. Miruca is known for speaking her mind and can be seen as abrasive. She and Shallotte are close.
- Solle Grumman: 26 years old and a penny pincher. He's very logical, rationalizing every decision he makes to the point of exhaustion. He works as a governmental official. Solle is harsh towards those he deems irresponsible and believes himself to always be justified in his own decisions.
Atelier Shallie will be released for the Playstation 3 in Japan on June 26. Be sure to check out the newest screens in our gallery below.