|Xenoblade Chronicles X Tops Digital Downloads In JapanTry to find news that is more unsurprising than this. I dare you.06.29.15 - 7:37 PM
Do you guys remember that Wii U exclusive Xenoblade Chronicles X
, the sequel to the Wii's surprise hit Xenoblade Chronicles
? Of course you do, because we've done about 10,000 stories on it. Well, it's out now in Japan, and despite missing the number one spot for digital downloads for its first week in action, it has officially claimed its rightful place atop that list for the entire month of May.
Here is a breakdown of the games, platforms, and numbers in English:
- 1. Xenoblade Chroniocles X (Wii U): 22,805 – 17.6%
- 2. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (PS3): 14,750 -100%
- 3. Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS) : 14,532 – 9.1%
- 4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4): 11,350 – 14.4%
- 5. Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (PS Vita): 10,938 – 14.8%
- 6. Tropico 5 (PS4)- 10,200 – 37.0%
- 7. Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition (3DS): 6,139 – 2.3%
- 8. Dying Light (PS4): 4,202 – 15.6%
- 9. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS Vita): 4,190 – 28.9%
- 10. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4) – 3,525 – 12.8%
The percentages on the very end are number of digital units sold compared to total sales. With both physical and digital sales, Xenoblade Chronicles X sold an impressive 129,501 units, showing that, despite mobile gaming taking a serious foothold in Japan, the console JRPG era is far from over.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is set to release in the West on December 4th.