RPG Maker MV is Available For Pre-Order Much Variance? Making Visuals? Mechanical Violence? 10.02.15 - 5:26 AM
Four years have passed since the release of the previous RPG Maker VX Ace. Now countless Steam and Indie Bundle released RPGs later is a new version of the program: RPG Maker MV. Set for an October 23rd release, the software has many massive updates and changes.
RPG Maker MV will let you:
- Create games for MacOSX, Android, iOS, and HTML 5. There will be a Mac version of RPG Maker MV, that will be released with the Windows version.
- Switch from the classic Front View Battle to Side View, by merely selecting an option.
- Select Mouse & Touch Input options in the system.
- Have larger graphical assets. The previous RPG Maker's screen resolution was 544x416 pixels. RPG Maker MV's screen resolution is now 816x624 pixels. Now, other resources like character and background sprites will be 50% larger.
- Have a larger database, which will support twice as many items as VX Ace.
- Design maps with three layers, giving you more versatility to stack resources, and create more complex levels.
- Manage your plug-ins better with the Plug-in Manager. By adding .js files in the project's plug-in folder, you will be able to select it in the Plugin Manager. You can see script details, script parameters and the ability to set it ON and OFF.
- Use an Event Searcher (a feature from RPG Maker 2003), Using the Event Search tool will allow you to save time, by seeking all instances of a particular variable or switch.
If you pre-order the software, you get free access to the "Cover Art Character Pack", which gives you graphical resources for characters created by the staff. They even give you theme songs for the characters! You even get the "Essentials Set", which provides more music, tilesets, and facesets. Pre-order RPG Maker MV before October 23rd on Steam.