|Darkest Dungeon to Release on PS4 and PS Vita on September 27The indie eldritch horror SRPG finally arrives on console next month!08.16.16 - 3:14 AM
Red Hook Studios has announced that their SRPG Darkest Dungeon
will launch on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America and Europe on September 27th.
The game will feature Cross-Buy (one purchase for both versions on Sony platfroms) and Cross-Save functionality, and will cost $24.99. For PlayStation Plus subscribers, the game will be an additional 20 percent off.
For those unaware of the game and it's premise, here is an overview via the game's Steam page:
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You’ll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.
- The Affliction System – battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
- Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style.
- Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters.
- Narration system to celebrate your successes…and failures.
- 14 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
- Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
- Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including meaningful permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your family’s ancestral estate?
Descend at your peril!
Will you take the plunge into the depths this fall?