|New Valkyria: Azure Revolution Details Revealed via Famitsu InterviewThe game now has cross-save compatibility!09.01.16 - 3:07 AM
The latest issue of the Japanese periodical Weekly Famitsu has an interview with Valkyria: Azure Revolution
's chief producer Youichi Shimomoto, as well as producer Katsura Mikami, and director Takesh Ozawa. The three shared a slew of new information about the game and the changes the team has made since the release of Valkyria: Azure
Battle Demo ver 1.0.
Check out the new stuff below:
- Significant improvements have been made to the game systems, and development is going well.
- The battle system has changed significantly, but concepts such as tactics-style battles haven't changed at all.
- Since battles can be stopped at any time, players who aren't good at action games will be OK.
- The difficulty is still being adjusted, but since you can stop time, they're thinking about making enemy attacks severe to some extent.
- It's an RPG through and through, so you'll be able to fight adequately with minimal instruction. However, it's suggested you try various things while fighting since beneficial effects can be triggered in allies when battles are in your favor.
- At Toyko Game Show 2016, there will be an exclusive playable demo that shows off the general flow of the game. Users who play the demo will get a product code to download the Battle Demo Ver. 2.0 in October.
- A PS Vita version was announced after hearing the demand from so many fans. They’re trying to make sure that there aren't any differences from the PlayStation 4 version.
- Cross-save is supported.
Valkyria: Azure Revolution is due out in Japan on January 19 for both the PS Vita and the PlayStation 4. For those interested, Battle Demo Ver. 2.0 will be available to players who get a product code at Tokyo Game Show 2016 and those that already own Battle Demo Ver. 1.0.
Hopefully there will be word soon in regards to this title heading west.