New Danganronpa V3 Out January 12th in Japan, Details WithinPuhuhu intensifies.10.06.16 - 8:56 PM
The next entry in Spike Chunsoft's Danganronpa
series of visual novels/puzzle adventures, New Danganronpa V3: Everyone's New Semester of Killing
, now has a Japanese release date. The game will be out for the PlayStation 4 and Vita on January 12th, 2016. On top of a whole host of retailer-exclusive preorder bonuses, there's a limited special edition for the game that comes with a custom-illustrated box, an original anime Blu-ray entitled Super Danganronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the Destroyer of the World
that continues off of the Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy
series, an investigation book for the new cast, a 2017 calendar, a code for a custom theme, and a Monokuma Strap that spouts different phrases when you push it. That's a whole lot of Danganronpa
goodness: you can see the game's box art and special edition below.
The game stars a new cast and takes place at the "Gifted Inmates Academy," where protagonist Kaede Akamatsu and company will encounter headmaster Monokuma and new enemies known as the "Children of Monokuma." Below, you can see artwork of the new characters, as well as the description of their "Ultimate" skill.
From left to right:
- Korekiyo Shinguuji – Ultimate Folklorist
- Angie Yonaga – Ultimate Art Club
- Kirumi Toujo – Ultimate Maid
- Kokichi Ouma – Ultimate President
- Tsumugi Shirogane – Ultimate Cosplayer
- Kiibo – Ultimate Robot
- Tenko Chabashira – Ultimate Aikido Practitioner
- Kaede Akamatsu (Protagonist) – Ultimate Pianist
- Kaito Momota – Ultimate Astronaut
- Maki Harukawa – Ultimate Nursery Teacher
- Shuuichi Saihara – Ultimate Detective
- Ryouma Hoshi – Ultimate Tennis Player
- Rantaro Amami – Ultimate ???
- Himiko Yumeno – Ultimate Magician
- Gonta Gokuhara – Ultimate Entomologist
- Miu Iruma – Ultimate Inventor
Stay tuned to RPGFan for further updates on New Danganronpa V3. Hopefully we get wind of an English localization soon, but in the meantime, we have a fresh batch of screenshots for your viewing pleasure in our gallery, as well as a new podcast on the first game.