Monolith Soft Details Xenoblade Chronicles 2 1.1.1 Update, Set To Release on December 22nd.An Easy Mode for Tiger Tiger? An Easy Mode for Tiger Tiger!12.15.17 - 8:29 PM
Tetsuya Takahashi, co-founder of Monolith Soft, has detailed the upcoming update 1.1.1 for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, promising both gameplay improvements, bug fixes and bonuses for players possessing the Expansion Pass.
Various gameplay improvements are set to be implemented, such as an Easy Mode for Tiger! Tiger!, and map improvements across the board. Players that have purchased an Expansion Pass will also be given, on the patch's release, various rarities of Core Crystals, consumable items, and upgrade parts for Poppi. Check out the full patch notes, in glorious detail, below!
Greetings to everyone playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This is Director Takahashi at Monolith Soft. Today I’d like to talk about the main updates that will be seen in the Ver. 1.1.1 update, which will be distributed next week on Friday, December 22.
In addition to some bug fixes, we will address the following points:
- An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
- When you press the X button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
- An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
We will further improve the convenience of the mini map as we add more quests and additional elements for second playthroughs next year for all players (not just those who purchased the Expansion Pass!) We appreciate your continued patience.
In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party! You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc
Group, and unlock the “LV 4 Special” of a certain Blade.
We will distribute the following useful items to those who purchased the Expansion Pass:
- Driver Essentials Set: 10 x Rare Core Crystal, 1 x Legendary Core Crystal, 3 x Overdrive Protocol
- Upgrade Parts for Poppi: 30,000 ether
- Pyra’s Favorite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea
- Nia’s Favourite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving
Monolith Soft will continue to add improvements that will make the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 even more enjoyable for a long time. And even though there may be times when we cannot address every need immediately because we are working on these improvements in parallel with the Expansion Pass, we truly appreciate your continued support for Xenoblade Chronicles 2!
It seems Monolith Soft is set on improving on what Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has to offer, and, personally, I think that's an admirable and conscientious thing for a company to strive towards. Plus, that Easy Mode for Tiger! Tiger! is going to be a life-saver for me when it drops.
If you're curious as to what RPGFan thought of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, check out reviewer Rob Rogan's thoughts! (Spoilers: It's pretty rad.)
Update 1.1.1 for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is set to launch on December 22nd, and the base game is available now for Nintendo Switch.
Stay tuned to RPGFan for all things Xenoblade Chronicles 2!