|Super Neptunia RPG Releases on PlayStation 4, Switch, and Steam in JuneThe Steam version has a nice digital Deluxe Bundle!05.07.19 - 10:54 AM
The latest entry in the Neptunia series, Super Neptunia RPG, has a release date! Idea Factory and Compile Hearts announced that the game will launch physically and digitally on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on June 25th in North America and June 28th in Europe! Along with a 20% discount its first week, the Steam version also launches early on June 20th.
Speaking of the Steam version, the Deluxe Bundle will have a permanent 20% discount. The Deluxe Pack, which can be purchased separately, will have a week long 20% discount at launch. The contents of the Deluxe Pack include the following:
- Character Art Collection
- Background Art Collection
- Rough Art Collection
- Two PC wallpapers
- Five Mobile wallpapers
Furthermore, there will be some differences between the various versions of Super Neptunia RPG. The PlayStation 4 and Switch versions include English and French subtitles whereas the Steam version also supports Japanese and Traditional Chinese. Also, the PlayStation 4 version has two modified CG scenes while the Switch and Steam versions will be identical to the original Japanese release.
Idea Factory released the following information about Super Neptunia RPG's game flow:
- Explore dungeons as Neptune! As soon as Neptune attacks/touches a monster, a battle will begin. Land a Symbol Attack on a monster to have a better advantage at the start of battle!
- Within dungeons, Neptune can jump, double jump, and summon a squishy pudding-like monster to help players reach higher platforms and treasure.
- During battle, players can fight with up to 4 party members. Pay close attention to your Action Points (AP), as each skill cast by a party member requires a certain amount of AP. Take advantage of an enemy's weakness to recover additional AP!
- There are 4 formation types that can be switched on-the-fly: Strike, Magic, Support, and Heal. Attack types and passive bonuses change with each formation.
- Players will also recognize several important gauges to keep an eye out for: Goddess Gauge, AP Gauge, Break Attack Gauge, and the Enemy's AP Gauge.
- Skills are attacks that characters can use with each formation. Players will use them by either equipping items endowed with Skills or by learning said Skills.
- By winning a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and by fulfilling the conditions, you will be able to learn the Skills held by that item. After learning the Skill, players can unequip the item and still keep the skill learned from the item.
- Prepare for battle by setting your skills before hand. Remember, each formation has a different skill that a party member can cast, so you can equip up to 4 different skills for each character (16 in total). Note that certain skills can only be used in a specific formation (i.e. Strike Formation).
- Abilities are skills that provide huge advantages. They are held by equipment (weapons, armor, accessories).
- Set your Abilities by using Ability Points. The higher the character's level is, the more Ability Points you will receive. When you win a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and if the conditions are fulfilled, you can learn the Abilities they hold. You can then set the Ability without having to equip the item.
To go along with these battle tidbits, check out our gallery for new gameplay screenshots!
Super Neptunia RPG is being developed by Artisan Studios, a Canadian team, with art work by series designer, Tsunako. Check back at RPGFan as we draw closer to the game's release date!