Publisher Merge Games and developer Still Running have, during the Future Games Show, announced Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, an isometric action RPG steeped in gothic horror and frenetic combat. Check out its announcement trailer below!
Players will take on the role of the Striver of Dibrom, the last fighter set to undertake the duty of freeing the kingdom from which you hail, by defeating the Seven Acolytes; beings that hold the citizens of the kingdom in brutality and fear. The game centres itself in the Soulslike genre, embodied in real-time battle across the world of Mornia, where the Striver will face foes large, small, and horrifying across a range of unsettling environments, backed by an orchestral score. The combat itself will be layered with upgrade paths and multiple weapons to wield, alongside the opportunity to discover the lore of Mornia, through NPCs and quests encountered throughout the journey. A list of specific features lies below:
- Experience epic, brutal boss encounters and explore a diverse array of environments
- Perk levelling system with multiple ways to build your character
- Deep, immersive lore with NPC’s to meet throughout the world
- Over 25 Unique Melee Weapons, such as Swords, Axes, Maces, Spears, Two-Handers, as well several guns ranging from Pistols, Shotguns and Rifles
- Epic fully orchestrated soundtrack comprised 18 tracks
- Health, Stamina and Sanity management is important as you traverse the world
Morbid: The Seven Acolytes might be something that fans of the Soulslike, horror, and RPG genres should keep an eye out in the coming months! The game is set to release later this year for Windows PC systems, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Stay tuned to RPGFan for all news Morbid: The Seven Acolytes and RPG!