We’re getting closer to the August 27th launch of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition, and Square Enix has released a new trailer showing off some of this remaster’s new features. In addition to new difficulty setting, redone visuals, and updated music, the Remastered Edition features a Quick Chat function and other quality of life improvements.
Check out the video below!
- Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronise and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
- UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
Another exciting announcement is that, alongside the full game’s release, a Lite version will be available for free. This downloadable demo version allows players to experience the first three dungeons, as well as join multiplayer sessions with those who own the full game. That means that only one full copy of the game is necessary to enjoy four-player co-op play. Save data from the Lite version will also carry over to the full release.
Stay tuned to RPGFan for more coverage of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition! You can find more new screenshots in our gallery.