Toto, I don’t think we’re in Stardew anymore! Developer Sudo Games has announced that their 2.5D action RPG Darkest Valley will be arriving on Steam Early Access in Spring 2021. The game is a “homage to the many great 2D action RPGs from the last twenty years,” according to the developers, with a striking art style to boot. Best of all, it’s being touted as a game without grinding, where instead of gathering experience points, players will locate crystals that grant them more power.
The game’s features include:
• Pseudo-randomly generated areas, a different play experience every game.
• Engaging and funny four act story.
• Three distinct skill classes, each with its own offensive, defense, and utility skill trees.
• A world filled with loot and destructible objects to search through and collect.
• Hidden challenge bosses.
• Hours of main and side quests, spanning an epic journey.
Check out the trailer for Darkest Valley below, and the game’s Steam page for more information!