The surprise psychological horror hit of 2017, Doki Doki Literature Club!, is heading to consoles! Called Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!, this enhanced version hits both consoles and PC on June 30th.
Watch the announcement trailer from the Summer of Gaming 2021 event below:
This isn’t the same old literature club! Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! includes:
- 6 new side stories focusing on the interrelationships of the game’s characters outside of the main timeline.
- 13 new songs, all of which can be listened to in a built-in music player with a total of 26 songs. New songs are composed by Nikki Kaelar with two guest tracks from Jason Hayes and Azuria Sky.
- 100+ unlockable images, from artwork, wallpapers to never before seen concept art.
- Enhanced visuals with a 1080p resolution.
- Optional content warnings to warn players about scenes with sensitive material.
You can read more about the new release from the creator himself, Dan Salvato, in the Team Salvato blog.
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! is geared for a digital and physical release courtesy of Serenity Forge. The physical copy has a Premium Physical Edition that includes the following items:
- A physical copy of the game for either Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5
- A 4 set of 2″ character standees
- A full soundtrack download code
- 17 vinyl stickers
- Doki Doki Literature Club Membership Club
- An exclusive special poem written by Monika
Pre-orders are available now and expected to release this summer. You can snag this limited release for $29.99 USD. Otherwise, you can snag the game digitally for $14.99 USD. Along with PC, PlayStation 4/5 and Nintendo Switch, the game is also expected to launch on Xbox platforms.
The original Doki Doki Literature Club! is still available on Steam for the low, low price of free! Want to know what we thought? Here’s our original review! Stay tuned to RPGFan as we grow closer to the enhanced version’s release date.