United Label Games and Odd Bug Studio have released a new teaser trailer for their upcoming action-RPG, Tails of Iron, showcasing locales that players will explore, its core conflict between royal rats and ferocious frogs, and a quick look at its combat design. The trailer and the story of the game itself are also narrated by the dulcet tones of Doug Cockle, famous for his work as Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher game trilogy. Check it out below!
Tails of Iron tells the story of Redgi, an heir to the Rat Throne, as he finds himself embroiled in a war against the cold-blooded fury of the Greenwart’s Frog Clan, who seek to tear his kingdom apart. Odd Bug Studio cites that the combat of Tails of Iron is “inspired by the Souls-like genre”, as seen in the trailer above, where players will contend against myriad enemies within a side-scrolling 2D world that has been handcrafted for players to explore. Further official features are detailed below:
- A vast and treacherous Kingdom, comprising six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets.
- Customizable attack styles with a vast array of distinct weapons and armor.
- A range of side quests offering players additional gold-on-the-side.
- Hidden blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons.
- Savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals.
- A gorgeous and lovingly-crafted 2D hand-drawn art style.
Tails of Iron will launch on September 17th on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC systems via Steam. For all news Tails of Iron and RPG, stay tuned to RPGFan!