In this episode, Hat is joined by returning guest and game developer Hian to discuss Hironobu Sakaguchi’s latest JRPG adventure, Fantasian! Everything from the gorgeous, handcrafted diorama set pieces, to Nobuo Uematus’s masterful score is discussed in detail. This includes spoiler-free conversation on the often whimsical but nostalgic story, and what it means to look to the past.
- 02:01 – Apple Arcade Explained
- 03:25 – Basics of Fantasian
- 03:57 – Thoughts on the Dioramas
- 18:26 – General Story Impressions
- 36:35 – Memory Sequences
- 39:48 – The Cast of Characters
- 44:45 – Soundtrack
- 53:12 – Battle System
- 01:01:10 – Is this Sakaguchi’s last game?
- 01:06:20 – Fantasian Sales in West vs Japan
Listen, subscribe, and chat where you please, and leave a rating if you can!