Team17 and OverBorder Studio have announced that their plague-focused action RPG Thymesia will launch on December 7th for Windows PC, via Steam. To celebrate the launch date announcement, publisher Team17 has released a new trailer, showcasing the bloody combat players can look forward to in Thymesia. Check it out below!
Thymesia tells the story of Corvus, a warrior wearing a bird-themed plague mask and his pursuit to uncover the mysteries of a long-decayed kingdom. He holds two weapons given to him with the ability to steal the plague from enemies within the kingdom and use the power of their ills against them. With these weapons, as seen above, players will be able to control Corvus as he journeys throughout the kingdom, using every victory against an enemy as an opportunity to steal the diseases from his enemies and use that as a way to create a unique playstyle and build that will propel him to further depths. Check out a further list of features below!
• Weaponising diseases: As Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons
• Engaging combat: Players will need to use their entire arsenal to avoid death; dodging attacks and parrying at precisely the right time will be instrumental to survival
• A dark and deadly world: With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesia oozes character through its environments and setting
• Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, the enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn
• Replayability: The ability to customise Corvus and try different builds, coupled with the multiple different endings available, means no two playthroughs are ever the same.
As someone obsessed with gothic storytelling, Thymesia looks to be something I would be keen to play as a winter game at the end of this year and I imagine I’m not alone in that sentiment. There are worse things to do on a cold night, lit by scant candles and the moaning of wind surrounding you…
Stay tuned to RPGFan for all news Thymesia and RPG!