Kathy Rain has an arrival date for her return to town! Take a trip back to the ’90s when Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut releases on October 26th.
Check out the updates to the 2016 point-and-click adventure in the new trailer below, narrated by Kathy Rain (voice actor Arielle Siegel) herself:
Help Kathy seek out the mystery surrounding her grandfather, Joseph Rain, in her hometown of Conwell Spring. Discover the secrets hiding within the town and figure out what happened to put your grandfather in a catatonic state!
Here is a list of the updates to expect to the 2021 director’s cut:
- Extended storyline, including a fleshed out and more satisfying ending
- Multiple new areas to explore, with additional gameplay and puzzles
- 700+ new lines of dialogue voiced by the original voice actors
- Widescreen 16:9 backgrounds
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack
- Different motorcycle skins to personalize Kathy’s motorcycle
- Full controller support
- No Spoilers, but… DEATH SEQUENCES!
- Twice the number of Steam achievements
- Brazilian Portuguese translation with more languages to follow
- And more!
Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut will release on Nintendo Switch, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS. Players who own the original version on Steam will be able to get the Director’s ut version for 50% off.
Curious about what we thought of the original game? Check out John Tucker’s review!