Publisher Kowloon Nights and developer Team OFK has announced a release window for We Are OFK, their narrative-adventure biopic slated to come to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Windows PC in 2022. The announcement came by way of a tongue-in-cheek trailer released during Sony’s most recent State of Play. Check out the trailer below!
We Are OFK focuses on the story of four friends who have come together to form an indie-pop band and their journey to create their first EP amidst the sun-soaked streets of Los Angeles. The game will be comprised of five playable episodes where players will control the bandmates in narrative sections, including fully-voiced interactive dialogue and texting exchanges that will change based on previous choices players have made, set at original locations within Los Angeles’ downtown. Each episode will culminate in an interactive music video where players can visually influence its on-screen direction.
Team OFK also revealed the voice cast of We Are OFK, to create compelling dialogue alongside the bright and stylised visuals, as well as the official game case artwork. Check out a full list of the cast alongside the artwork below!
- Ally Maki (Toy Story 4, Dear White People)
- Syhaya Aviel (Vinyl, The Circle)
- Fiona Rene (ABC’s Stumptown, I Know What You Did Last Summer)
- Teddy Dief (We Are OFK creative director)
- Deedee Magno Hall (Steven Universe)
- Greg Chun (Squid Game, Judgement series)
- Erika Ishii (Apex Legends, Deathloop)
- Yuri Lowenthal (Marvel’s Spider-Man, Bugsnax)
- Sara Amini (Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, The Twilight Zone)
- Kimberly D Brooks (Psychonauts 2)
- Kaiji Tang (Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
- Miguel Caballero (Killer 7)
- Krizia Bajos (Far Cry 6, Gotham Knights)
Alongside the eventual release of We Are OFK, Team OFK will simultaneously release their first EP, following the band and team’s first single Follow/Unfollow at the 2020 Game Awards. Personally, I’m all for more experimental narrative-adventure games utilising music as a means of art within the gaming space, and We Are OFK seems to delve into that territory!
Stay tuned to RPGFan for all news We Are OFK and RPG (and graphic adventure, and visual novel)!