Final Fantasy VII is collaborating with…Final Fantasy VII! In celebration of the classic RPG’s 25th anniversary, Square Enix is running an event in the Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier mobile game that channels player nostalgia from the original game!
See original Final Fantasy VII inspired polygon models in action in the trailer below:
As the trailer shows, you can obtain skins based on the original polygon models from Final Fantasy VII for characters Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret, Red XIII, chocobos, and more coming soon! Also, Shinra SOLDIER and Cloud’s dress skins will be free for a limited time! The event started on February 16th and lasts until February 28th.
Here is the full list of content to look forward to in the Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier x Final Fantasy VII event:
• Polygon FINAL FANTASY VII Characters – Players can obtain event-limited character skins based on the original FINAL FANTASY VII polygon designs for Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret, Red XIII and Chocobo, with more coming soon.
• 25th Anniversary Collaboration Events – For a limited time, players who defeat event monsters on the battlefield will obtain special reward boxes and collect data pieces that unlock event-limited collectibles. Mission clears will also reward Premium Shinra Pack Tickets (FF7) and data pieces.
• Character Skins & Accessories – Event-exclusive skins and accessories will be available for free for a limited time, including Shinra SOLDIER and Cloud Dress character skins, and a Buster Sword back accessory.
• FINAL FANTASY VII Banners – Players can obtain thematic FINAL FANTASY VII banners to display next to their character name.
• Celebratory Login Bonuses – Players will receive event login bonuses and collect Premium Shinra Pack Tickets (FF7), which can be redeemed for a chance to obtain the collaboration store items, simply by logging in daily during the campaign period.
• FINAL FANTASY VII App Revamp – For a limited time, the FINAL FANTASY VII FIRST SOLDIER game icon, in-game home screen, and UI will be revamped similar to the look of the original FINAL FANTASY VII. In addition, players will hear iconic FINAL FANTASY VII music when entering battles.
Producer Shoichi Ichikawa, a player of the original game, had this to say about the event:
“Thank you so much for continuing to play FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER. I played the original FINAL FANTASY VII as a child, and I am ecstatic to come back after all these years as a producer of a title within the FINAL FANTASY VII franchise to celebrate the 25th anniversary with you all! We are about to begin the FINAL FANTASY VII collaboration, and I hope that this will evoke a sense of great nostalgia for fans who’ve played the original FINAL FANTASY VII from 25 years ago, while appealing to newcomers to the franchise with their cute polygon style. I would love for everyone to join the fray during this collaboration period and have fun.”
Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier is available now on Android and iOS mobile devices. Season 2 of the mobile app begins on February 28th and aims to add new materia, weapons, bosses, summons, a Dragoon play style and more. Stay tuned to RPGFan as we learn more about this game and anything Final Fantasy VII!