Developer SUNNY SIDE UP have revealed that Little Witch in the Woods will release into Early Access on May 17th! The full release of the game is currently expected to take place sometime in 2023. The developer thanked those eager to play the game for their patience and support, and have said they hope their game can live up to players expectations, and provide them with “a smile of happiness.”
The Early Access build will give players access to both the prologue, and first chapter of Little Witch in the Woods. SUNNY SIDE UP have said that this equates to around 5 hours of gameplay, with the game expected to be around 20 hours upon its full release next year.
Little Witch in the Woods Gameplay Overview
On the title’s Steam page, the developer has outlined the key gameplay features players should expect from Little Which in the Woods, which we have copied below, along with a gameplay trailer:
In the ‘LUCEREIN ORTU’, witches live together. They built ‘Witch House’ in various areas and have been sending their apprentice witches there. The apprentice witches must go to the one of the ‘Witch’s Houses’ and help the nearby village and villagers. If you complete your apprenticeship successfully, you can become a formal witch. Become Ellie the Apprentice Witch and experience her daily life!SUNNY SIDE UP
- Become the main character, Ellie, and proceed with the story so that you can complete your apprenticeship successfully.
- Practice the teachings you learned at the Witch School, help people and make the world a better place.
- Make friends with the charming characters in village, and listen to the inner story they bear. If you can be their best friend, you maybe hear their secret.
Activities & Explore
- Gather and Process materials to create potions! The potions are useful in solving problems.
- Explore a mysterious fantasy world. You can find unique areas, and you can meet cute creatures there. Interact with various creatures and fill in the information in the witch’s book!
- Find a hidden place! You can get special items or find shortcuts there.
Leisurely Daily Life
- Chat with new friends and find out their tastes. If you give them a gift that suits their taste, you will be able to get closer to your friends more quickly.
- The witch and the cat are inseparable partnerships historically. Communicate with cats living in various places. Their each personality will be as different as appearances. If you have a fateful encounter with a cat, the cat may want to spend every day with you.
- Sometimes you can fish and enjoy the peace. A relaxing rest will give you the energy to go on a vigorous adventure the next day.
Little Witch in the Woods is set to release into Early Access in just a couple weeks, on May 17th! While we don’t have an exact release date for the full game, we do know it will be sometime in 2023. Make sure to check back in with RPGFan, where we will make sure to cover any news regarding the title’s exact release date.