During the opening night of Gamescom 2022, CI Games unveiled The Lords of the Fallen, a reboot of the 2014 Soulslike action RPG. Originally announced as Lords of the Fallen 2, the game is being developed by Hexworks and is in development for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC.
Check out the announcement trailer down below! You might recognize the narrator’s voice: it’s Joseph Quinn, who recently appeared as Eddie in the fourth season of Stranger Things.
• A vast, interconnected world – over five times larger than the original game
• An expansive RPG experience – a huge roster of NPCs to meet and stories to uncover
• Tactical combat – a fast, fluid and challenging combat system
• Devastating magic – turn the tide of battle with spells and character buffs
• Uninterrupted online co-op – explore a vast and dark world together
• Define your legend – full character customization and progression
The Lords of the Fallen takes place a thousand years after the original title. The game’s vast, interconnected world will also be five times larger than its predecessor’s, according to the developers, and players will be able to enjoy uninterrupted online co-op as well.
According to Cezar Virtosu, The Lords of the Fallen‘s creative director, “the game is significantly larger, with a vast, interconnected dual world split between the realms of the living and dead, that players can explore alone or with friends. It’s darker and more challenging, with faster soulslike combat, stronger thematic, richer narrative, deeper RPG systems, and more immersive storytelling.” It certainly sounds as though this one is worth keeping an eye on if you’re a fan of the Soulslike genre!
For more information, head on over to the game’s official website. While The Lords of the Fallen does not yet have a release date, gameplay footage will be revealed later this year. Stay tuned to RPGFan for more coverage of your favorite RPGs!