During the 73rd Letter from the Producer Live stream, Square Enix announced the dates for the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2023-2024 and confirmed the event will return to a physical format.
Director Naoki Yoshida also revealed that Final Fantasy XIV has now surpassed 27 million players worldwide.
Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2023-2024 – Announcement Trailer:
The event will be held in three different locations across the globe, including:
- Las Vegas, USA – July 28th-29th, 2023
- London, UK – October 21st-23rd, 2023
- Japan – early 2024
As the name implies, the festival is a celebration of all things FFXIV. The event usually includes showcases, new game information, live musical performances, cosplay, and, of course, merchandise stools!
At the time of writing, no information regarding ticket pricing or release dates has been given. However, tickets for previous FFXIV Fan Festivals have retailed for around $149.99 USD/€124.99 EUR, so that should give you a good idea of what you’ll be looking to pay if you want to attend.
Everything Else Revealed During the Final Fantasy XIV Stream
During the broadcast, Naoki Yoshida outlined further details regarding Patch 6.25. Players can expect the following updates when the patch arrives on October 18th (Tuesday):
• New Side Story Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
• New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will begin in the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
• New Tribal Quests: Omicron – New daily quests for Disciples of the Land.
• New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Players can enjoy new variable-difficulty dungeons—beginning with the Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Players will explore dungeons with Nanamo, featuring branching routes, which can change depending on player actions within the dungeon. Folios can also be obtained from each route, which can be pieced together to deduce secrets and complete the entire story.
• Criterion Dungeons – High difficulty four-player content featuring a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeons, but with a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
The live stream also reaffirmed that the expansion of the North American data center will take place as planned on November 1st. The new data center, Dynamis, will consist of four new worlds and will help to reduce server congestion during peak times.
For everything else regarding Final Fantasy XIV, you’re already in the right place here at RPGFan.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.