Square Enix and Luminous Productions have released the first of a three-part deep dive into Forspoken. A lot of the content in this video series is meant to set your expectations and provide some background on the game’s creation before its launch on January 24th, 2023. This first video demonstrates protagonist Frey Holland’s magical parkour skills and abilities.
Watch the video and see the high-speed maneuvers for yourself down below. It honestly looks pretty fun, in my opinion.
Apart from traveling, these abilities will come in handy for defensive strategies in battle such as dodging dangerous enemies that you will encounter. You can complete and master spellcraft challenges to unlock your moves’ true potential with upgrades.
As said in the video, keep in mind that using skills will drain Frey’s stamina. Enhancing them reduces stamina consumption, which will be essential to surviving in the world of Athia.
An Overview of Frey’s Parkour Skills in Forspoken
• Flow ability – grants her to move swiftly, the first step to performing more maneuvers
• Rush ability – allows Frey to flow even faster, unleashes a burst of energy that also replenishes the stamina
• Shimmy – accelerate by rapidly kicking off the ground without using any stamina
• Float – safety land from extreme heights without taking any damage
• Glide – ability to travel across rivers or lakes
• Zip – a tether that allows Frey to grab onto objects and pull herself out in harmful situations, it is also a way to access locations beyond her reach
• Soar – kick off surfaces and climb vertical heights with multiple leaps
• Scale – perform phantom footholds that lets Frey climb to the greatest heights, can also use as a defensive ability
Forspoken releases for the PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam, Epic Games, and the Microsoft Store on January 24th, 2023. The game is also currently available for preorder on PlayStation 5 in both physical and digital formats. Stay tuned to RPGFan for coverage of the next video in the series, which will be focusing on Frey’s magical combat skills.