Square Enix has announced that there will be a free major update for The DioField Chronicle in March 2023. The strategy RPG will add content featuring Waltaquin Redditch, one of the heads of the Blue Foxes mercenary group. According to the tweet, the update will also include new difficulty levels, new weapons, new skills, and more challenges.
Overview of the update coming to The DioField Chronicle
Information from the video above summarized and translated by Gematsu:
- New Scenario – A new scenario not told in the main story starring Waltaquin Redditch. In this scenario, playable after clearing Chapter 5, you will make your way through missions while controlling Waltaquin. “Behemoth” will appear as the final boss.
- New Weapon “Grimoire” – In the newly added scenario, you will be able to equip Waltaquin’s dedicated weapon “Grimoire,” which can use skills to summon units and morph into other forms.
- New Skills – The new skill “Necromancy” can be used to summon a Skull Knight. The new skill “Necrotame” can be used to transform your units into a Skull Dragon to unleash powerful skills.
- High-Difficulty “Extra Mode” – A mode in which high-level enemies appear from Chapter 1. This will be added as a function of “New Game+,” which allows you to carry over your levels, weapons, and skill trees after clearing the main story.
- New Difficulty Level “Very Hard” – The “Very Hard” difficulty level offers more challenging battles with less fragment drops, reduced enemy skill use frequency and cooldowns, limited revival time and HP recovery, and so on.
If you recall, Waltaquin plays a main role in the plot as one of the Blue Foxes’ top leaders. She is the first Magicker class unit to be recruited in the game. The upcoming free update might focus on her story and give clarity on what she has been up to while periodically being away from the rest of the group in a certain part of the game.
The DioField Chronicle is available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. Read Abe’s comprehensive PS5 review of the game if this tactical title intrigues you.
Stay tuned to RPGFan for more news on The DioField Chronicle.