The title, which is being developed in Unreal Engine 5, is expected to release on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam.
The Lords of the Fallen – Gameplay Teaser Trailer:
Taking place over a thousand years after the events of the first game, The Lords of the Fallen will
take players on an all-new epic adventure through a vast and sprawling world, split at its very core
between the realm of the living and the dead. An expansive RPG experience, players will need to
traverse between the two fully interconnected worlds, each offering its own unique pathways, side
quests, NPCs, enemies and treasures.
The Lords of the Fallen – Key Features
In a press release, HEXWORKS has outlined many of the title’s key features, including:
- A vast, interconnected world – over five times larger than the original game
- An expansive RPG experience – a huge roster of NPCs to meet and stories to uncover
- Tactical combat – a fast, fluid and challenging combat system
- Devastating magic – a vast array of offensive and defensive spells to master
- Uninterrupted online multiplayer – seamless world exploration in co-op mode
- Define your legend – full character customisation and progression
According to its Steam page, The Lords of the Fallen is set to release sometime in 2023. For future updates on this incredibly confusingly named title (yes, this is a sequel to Lords of the Fallen), make sure to keep an eye on RPGFan’s news feed.