The trailer reveals that Narmaya, a popular character from Granblue Fantasy Versus, will be a playable character and also reaffirms a 2023 release for Relink.
Granblue Fantasy: Relink – Second Trailer:
New Granblue Fantasy: Relink Details
Friend or Foe?
The latest information from Cygames has given us a look at some of the party members and enemies that players will encounter in the title.
- Id (Foe) – A knight of unparalleled strength, currently serving as one of the three generals of Avia. He poses a threat to the crew as it traverses the Zegagrande Skydom.
- Charlotta (Ally) – The captain of an order of holy knights, all of whom have sworn a sacred pledge. Her sword, a weapon that cleaves evil in twain, is equal to her in both size and power.
- Yodarha (Ally) – Those felled by his illusory blade are unable to tell if it was real or merely a dream. Once a world-renowned swordsman, these days he spends much of his time fishing in seclusion.
- Narmaya (Ally) – A sword master of warrior lineage, well-rehearsed in all forms of martial arts. Using the Dawnfly and Freeflutter sword styles, her blade dances with unmatched elegance when striking down her foes.
During the Granblue Fantasy: Relink live stream, gameplay featuring Charlotta, Yodarha, and Narmaya as playable characters were showcased. Previously revealed characters Gran, Rakam, Lancelot, and Siegfried also received the same treatment. You can find the demonstration from 7:13:03 to 7:25:23 in the stream archive.
Cygames have also revealed that Granblue Fantasy: Relink will feature both “Assist Mode” and “Full Assist Mode”. Full details are outlined below:
A mode for beginners and casual gamers who want to focus on the story.
- Perform combos automatically with a single button!
- Auto Heal / Auto Guard / Auto Dash.
- Automatically unleash Skybound Arts, Skills, and Link Attacks when conditions are met!
- Assisted map navigation.
Full Assist Mode
An accessible mode for players who still want to fully enjoy the game’s content.
- Enjoy dynamic visuals in battle with simplified controls!
- All actions are performed automatically—all you need to do is move the stick!
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is set to release on PlayStation and PC via Steam sometime in 2023! There’s a lot of hype sounding the title (we’ve featured it on our annual Most Anticipated list thrice), so make sure to keep an eye on RPGFan’s news feed for all the latest updates.