The demo will only be available for a limited time, from February 6th-28th.
Wandering Sword | Steam Next Fest Trailer – February 2023:
Transform into a young swordsman caught up in a deadly feud between rival sects in ancient China. Traverse across scenic locations, charming towns and dangerous terrains. Make friends with like-minded pugilists and go on quests to help the weak while honing your martial arts to become a kung fu grandmaster.
Wandering Sword – Key Features
In a recent press release, Spiral Up Games outlined some of Wandering Sword‘s key features:
- Traverse ancient China painted in beautiful pixel art – The game is developed in Unreal Engine and uses beautiful pixel art to showcase an open world with bustling ancient Chinese towns, scenic mountains, picturesque rivers, dangerous lairs, treacherous terrains and more.
- A vast library of martial arts moves and weapons – As you explore the lands, you will discover hundreds of martial arts forms and weapons to master and wield. You will learn how to cultivate your energy through meridian points and become an expert of both the external and internal forms to gain true mastery of martial prowess.
- Innovative combat system – Combat is conducted on a tiled board and a unique point is that it allows gamers to switch between turn-based mode or real-time mode during combat. The turn-based mode will suit gamers who prefer the traditional way of playing slower-paced RPGs while the real-time mode will appeal to players who like to think on their feet and dish out attacks as quickly as their fingers can move.
- Realistic NPCs – The NPCs in Wandering Sword are programmed to simulate how actual people would behave in real life. As you traverse the pugilistic world and revisit friends and acquaintances, you will notice that they have been keeping themselves busy too with their own adventures and martial arts practice instead of idling around!
- Multiple endings and plenty of quests – Wandering Sword offers great replayability. Different choices you make will lead to different endings for the game. There are also a great number of side quests you can opt to take on besides the main quest, which will provide many hours of adventure time.
Wandering Sword‘s demo is out as part of Steam Next Fest and will run from the 6th to the 28th. For future updates on this upcoming RPG, make sure to keep an eye on RPGFan’s news feed.