Hunters waiting for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak on PlayStation and Xbox will soon be able to enjoy the expansion on their consoles! Capcom has announced on their Capcom Spotlight last week that content up to Title Update 3 will become available on April 28th for these platforms and PC via the Microsoft Store. Better late than never, right?
They’re also planning on giving an update for Title Update 5 for Switch and Steam in April!
Please see below for an overview of the Expansion’s features:
Bonus Add-on Content
- “Loyal Dog Costume” Palamute Layered Armor Set – A fun outfit for your Canyne companion!
- “Striped Cat Costume” Palico Layered Armor Set – A gorgeous new look for your Felyne friend!
Note: Layered armor is a “skin” which changes the appearance of the character without affecting their stats and abilities.
The world of Monster Hunter Rise gets bigger and deeper with this massive expansion featuring new monsters, new locales and more!
- A New Adventure in a Distant Land – Renowned as the “Fierce Flame of Kamura” since the events of Monster Hunter Rise, you must set sail to uncover the cause of a terrible threat facing a kingdom across the sea!
- New Enemies Arrive, Old Foes Return – Arriving in Elgado Outpost, you discover that the abnormal events threatening this kingdom are caused by Malzeno, Lunagaron and Garangolm—terrifying monsters known locally as the Three Lords. In addition to these new enemies, You must also face old foes as series monsters not featured in Monster Hunter Rise make their return!
- Deeper Gameplay – Your trusty Wirebug returns and is more useful than ever, with the addition of new abilities for all 14 weapon types that bring a new level of flexibility and depth to the hunting action.
- A Colorful Cast of Characters – Your new base of operations features a variety of locals to interact with, each with their own charming personality. Sometimes they will need your hunter’s help, and sometimes they will be the ones who help you out!
Note: You must own Monster Hunter Rise in order to play this expansion. Sunbreak content is accessible after completion of the 7-star Hub quest “Serpent Goddess of Thunder.” If you purchase this content while the game is open, you must restart the game in order to access the content.
With this announcement, Capcom has also released a brand new trailer as well as screenshots.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Announce Trailer
While Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is already fully available on Nintendo Switch and Steam, it is always a good thing to have more availability on other platforms. Monster Hunter Rise itself was just recently released in January for PlayStation and Xbox/Windows, so it’s good to see that they’re continuing to update it! We have quite a glowing review available written by Des Miller for those that are still on the fence about getting it.
Stay tuned to RPGFan for continuous updates on Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak for all platforms!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.