Developer Acquire has launched its second open beta for the upcoming C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield, which is available on Steam for PC users. Those intrigued by the title have until January 21st to try out the game, which is advertising a combination of RPG elements and some improvements to this version of the demo. Here’s a summary posted on Steam:
Roguelike-style deckbuilding and SRPGs meet in this game to create an all-new genre! Lead the Clausewitz Battalion into a map shrouded in mist. Find and enhance cards to create powerful decks to do battle with against strong foes.
Improvements and enhancements made since the last open beta:
- Change of the specification of the card carry-over after clearing a stage
- Before change: Only one card can be carried over.
- New specification: Discard three cards from the deck and carry over all others.
- Brushed up graphic resources such as maps and game UI
- Adjustment of enemy difficulty
- Improved operability – Comfortable play even with a gamepad
- Adjustment of cards appearing in each stage
- Adjustment of some card effects
- Fixed bugs in some card effects
Check out C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield‘s opening cinematic below.
C.A.R.D.S. RPG: The Misty Battlefield is set to release by the end of 2024 for PlayStation 5, Switch, and PC via Steam. For all things C.A.R.D.S., tabletop, and RPGs in general, keep that dial tuned to RPGFan news!