Hot off the heels of the recently announced remake, the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming to the Nintendo Switch on November 11th, thanks to Aspyr Media. It will retail for $14.99 USD.
Originally developed by BioWare, Knights of the Old Republic is one of the most beloved Star Wars spin-offs of all time, and with good reason: it has an expansive cast of likable characters, takes place in a time period far removed from the Skywalker Saga, and a story that delves deep into the dichotomy between the light and dark sides of the Force. Read on for a synopsis!
Four thousand years before the Galactic Empire, hundreds of Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith, and you are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force and save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror… you alone will determine the fate of the entire galaxy!
- Journey through a Star Wars classic set in an era before the rise of the Empire, filled with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
- Experience a deep RPG with customizable characters and meaningful choices that impact your experiences with the story and your squad.
- Harness the power of the Force with over 40 different abilities and wield your own lightsaber.
- Adventure through eight enormous and iconic Star Wars worlds, including Tatooine and Kashyyyk, in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
- Choose your party from and build everlasting bonds with nine unique crewmates, including Twi’leks, droids and Wookiees.
Now, I realize this might be a hard sell considering that Obsidian is currently owned by Microsoft, but hear me out: put Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords on Switch as well? Possibly with some of the cut content restored? Please? That game was neat, and was an even more intense thematic deep dive into the core concepts of Star Wars.
Stay tuned to RPGFan for more coverage of your favorite games!