During the latest Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Square Enix announced that Patch 6.1 will release on April 12th! The incoming patch, “Newfound Adventure,” is the first major content update to the title since the Endwalker expansion last year. Square Enix has also revealed a new trailer for the upcoming patch, which is attached below:
The lead producer of Final Fantasy XIV, Naoki Yoshida, also provided additional details on some of the new content that will be delivered in the patch such as:
• New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a new chapter for Warriors of Light.Square Enix
• New 24-Player Alliance Raid – The first part of an all-new original alliance raid series, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia will challenge players as they learn more about the divinities known as the Twelve.
• New Tribal Quests – Starting with Patch 6.15, players will be able to experience new Arkasodara tribe quests for battle classes and jobs.
• New Residential Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, will become available for purchase. An overview of the plot purchase system as well as an initial schedule for lottery system sales were presented.
• New Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria – Players can experience a new challenge with a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
• Adventurer Plates (Beta Version) – The new Adventurer Plates feature was showcased in detail. Player portraits can be customized to include lighting, animation, and camera angles using a character’s current appearance, and multiple portraits can be saved for future use. The character profiles can include information such as favorite job and title, playstyle preference, active play times, and more.
• PvP Updates – Additional details on the new small scale PvP content known as Crystalline Conflict were revealed, including the new rewards system and PvP schedule.
• Additional content including job adjustments, the ability to try on gear available on the FFXIV Online Store, system updates, and more.
Updates to Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.1 Roadmap
In our previous coverage of Patch 6.1, we outlined some of the future updates coming to Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker. This includes the introduction of a new Ultimate Duty – Dragonsong’s Reprise, additional sidequests, new Custom Deliveries, and the introduction of the Data Center Travel. At the time, Square Enix was unable to give any indication of when this content would appear within the 6.1 series of patches. However, during the most recent broadcast, the company have revealed the following updates regarding the Patch 6.1 Roadmap:
- Patch 6.11 – The new Ultimate Duty – Dragonsong’s Reprise, will be released.
- Patch 6.15 – Player will be able to experience “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures,” a new sidequest. At the same time, new Custom Deliveries will debut.
- Patch 6.18 – Data Center Travel will be made available.
More Final Fantasy XIV Announcements
During the broadcast, Sqaure Enix announced more upcoming merchandise themed around Final Fantasy XIV. This included the announcement of a new album, THE PRIMALS – Beyond the Shadow, releasing globally on May 25th. THE PRIMALS are the official Final Fantasy XIV band, led by the the MMORPG’s sound director Masayoshi Soken. This latest PRIMALS album contains tracks from Endwalker, such as “Close in the Distance” and “Hic Svnt Leones.”
Also revealed during the broadcast was the announcement of the latest art book for the game, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Endwalker – The Art of Resurrection. The book will release on September 13th, and is available to pre-order now from the Square Enix Store.
If you’re looking for something to read in between your Final Fantasy XIV play sessions, or you have yet to jump into Endwalker, check out our review of the latest expansion written by Caitlin Argyros.